Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2015

Never Had - Oscar Isaac



I've been gone for so long now
Chasing everything that's new I've forgotten how I got here I have not forgotten you We were just children but our eyes opened and You were all that i could see You came close enough to know my heart beat but Still not close enough for me Through the good times and the bad You were the best I never had The only chance I wish I had to take But there was no writing on the wall No warning signs to follow I know now and I just can't forget You're the best I never had In this motel Well passed midnight When I'm bluer than a bruise You come drifting in through the half light In your funny yellow shoes And I hope that's you standing at my doorway That's the scratching of your key And I hope this song I'm singing Someday finds you Whereever you may be Through the good times and the bad You were the best I never had The only chance I wish I had to take But there was no writing on the wall No warning signs to follow I know now and I just cant forget You're the best I never had Best I never had Best I never had

No comments:

Post a Comment